As a center of intellectual inquiry, the West Memphis High School Library strives to be the a dynamic learning environment.
In this desired future, the Library ensures that its collections remain forward-looking, diverse in breadth and form, open to browsing, and of quality. Through promotion, the Library makes people aware of the resources available to them, and through innovation, it makes access to these resources easier. The Library’s creation of an integrated, seamless web of information further streamlines access. To serve future users, the Library preserves information across all formats and ensures effective storage and delivery systems. The Library’s physical and virtual spaces respond to the changing habits of its users to enrich the campus experience and to multiply the ways in which people can pursue inquiry. The Library’s collaboration with expanding circles of partners yields unified access, broadening knowledge, and enhanced services.
The Library continues to embrace change and align itself to thrive on diversity, to support professional growth and opportunity, and to reward flexibility and innovation.
- We encourage the process of learning and the life of the mind.
- We celebrate truth seeking through discourse and investigation.
- We anticipate and contribute to scholarly inquiry.
- We promote the Library as both a real and virtual extended classroom.
- We embrace our role as collectors and custodians of the intellectual record.
- We offer an environment that supports creativity, flexibility, and collaboration.
- We believe that each user of the Library is unique and important.
- We evolve to meet the changing needs of the Library and its users.
- We maintain a comfortable, welcoming and secure place for study, research, work, reflection and interaction
- We treat everyone with equal consideration and courtesy.
- We encourage differences in perspective, opinions and ideas.
- We consider the needs of others.
- We provide an environment that is inclusive and diverse.